The Town Of Chalmers Park Board is now accepting applications for a part time grounds keeper at our Beautiful Chalmers Town Park
Applicants must have a passion for excellence. Be willing to adapt to change. Enjoy working outdoors. Have a desire for working with the community. Ability to perform tasks individually and as a team. There will be opportunities to assist town employees on various projects.
Job Requirements Operation of zero turn lawnmower Operation of weed eater Daily trash pick up Daily restroom attention Ability to perform maintenance on equipment Painting Able to Lift up to 50 lbs. Must be 18 and possess a valid driver’s license
All applications are available at the Chalmers Town Hall.
205 East Walnut Street, Chalmers
For questions call Faith Willoughby
Chalmers Classic Car Show
Downtown Chalmers June 11th $10.00 entry fee
Registration at 8:00 am -11:00am Judging at 11:00 am Awards at 12:00pm Top 5 Trophies 1 Trophy Best in Show
For More Information Contact Glen Willoughby
574-583-8956 or 219-863-5205
Chalmers Utilities is now accepting Applications for Part-time
Town maintenance and Lawn care
Must be at least 17 , Have a Valid Driver’s license
Ability to drive a zero turn lawn mower, operate a weed eater and leaf blower
Can adapt to hot or cold working environment
Pass a background check
Must be able to follow instructions
Applications at Town Hall or you can email
Chalmers 2015 Achievements
- Park purchased Property at Park
- Updated WIFI at town hall
- Installed Camera’s at town Garage
- Installed Fence at Recycle Trailer
- Repaired Fence at Softball Fields
- Flushed out ½ of Towns storm drains with the assistance of Monticello.
- Repaired 2 Streets
- Water tower was Inspected and Cleaned
- Pavilion at Park was completed
- Website is monitored and updated
- Created Town Facebook and Twitter account
- Composed First Town Newsletter that was distributed to every resident.
- Pressure washed outside of Town Hall
- Painted parking areas throughout town
- New “Welcome To Chalmers “signs installed.
- Installed Town Hall and Park reflective signs
- Electric line tree trimming
- Schroeder Farm addition
- Calendar of Events Created
- Impa Commissioner
- Received grant for wastewater study
- Adopted 7new ordinances…
- Adopted 3new agreements…..
HAVE YOU HEARD…
The Circus Is Coming to Town
The Chalmers Fire Department
Is Sponsoring the
Culpepper & Merriweather Circus.
Details to come…
HAVE YOU SEEN….
The Wonderful Mural the Art Students
At Frontier High School are painting on the East Side of Post Office
The Civics Club Spearheaded That Project
As the year comes to a close, our small community has been through some changes and challenges. And that is what makes Chalmers a great community. To look at the volunteers in this community warms the heart. As we start the New Year, let’s keep our community strong. Keep lending and encouraging that helping hand. It will warm your heart!
If you should experience any power outages, Please call Jeff Haynes or I immediately
Faith Willoughby——-Town Manager——-765-490-6552
- Chalmers Town Council has a new Councilman. Congratulations Herb Chamberlin
- As of January 1st 2016, Jeff Resnick will be our new Clerk-Treasure.
- Chalmers Park Board are looking to install lights at walking park.
- Chalmers Civics Club is researching Stones for Military Memorial at Gazebo.
- The Town Council passed a new ordinance for Sidewalk Snow and Debris Removal. Please refer to our website for official ordinance. We will also have copies at the Town Hall.
Chalmers Public Works, Town Hall & Chalmers Town Council Would like to Wish You and Your Family
A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Suggestions for Newsletter Please e-mail Faith Willoughby
Small Town, Big Hearts September 2015
Chalmers Town Manager
Hello Chalmers Residents
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Faith Willoughby. I am the new Town Manager of Chalmers. I plan to send a newsletter out quarterly to keep you updated on our projects, improvements, and ordinances. My first priority is preventive maintenance. We have had Walnut St road work completed, Tree trimming will be taking place around power lines, and our water tower will be serviced and inspected.
If you should experience any power outages, Please call Jeff Haynes or I immediately… Faith Willoughby——-Town Manager——-765-490-6552 Jeff Haynes————-Superintendent——765-490-6551 Town Hall—————————————219-984-5494 We encourage all residents to visit our website at http://chalmers.in.gov The town Council passed a new ordinance for Sidewalk Snow and Debris Removal. Please refer to our website for official ordinance. We will also have copies at the Town Hall.
About your town Manager
Faith is originally from Knox, Indiana. She was very active in High School. Attended Ancilla College, where she earned an associate’s degree in Criminal Justice. Started working at Pizza Hut in 1988. Faith was the General Manager at the Monticello Pizza Hut before she ended her 23 year career in food service and became General Manager of Staples for 3 years. She started coaching Volleyball and Track at Frontier in 1999. Faith recently coached a volleyball club team. This year she is very excited to return to Frontier as the 8th Grade Volleyball coach. Faith is married to David Willoughby and she is a very proud step-mother to 2 wonderful children. Our Beautiful ParkLook For New Chalmers Newsletter In Your Mail Soon……………………..